Feature codes will allow you to:
- Call back to - Allows you to specify a public telephone number that the feature code will dial, then allowing the callee dial out to an external telephone number.
- External number - Causes the feature code to connect you with the specified external telephone number.
- Fax to email - Changes the behavior of incoming calls to this feature code in acting as a receiving fax machine (delivering to an e-mail address).
- Fax to mailbox - Changes the behavior of incoming calls to this feature code in acting as a receiving fax machine (delivering to a mailbox).
- Feature code - Allows the feature code to redirect to another existing feature code. I.e. an alias.
- Hunt Group - Allows the feature code to direct to a hunt group.
- IVR menu - Allows the feature code to direct to an IVR (auto-attendant).
- Queue - Allows the feature code to direct to a queue.
- Telephone - Allows the feature code to direct to a telephone extension.
- Voicemail box - Allows the feature code to direct to a voicemail box.
Additionally, the feature code can point to a telephony feature:
- Auto-attendant - Prompts you to enter an external telephone number to call.
- Auto-attendant (no announcement) - Same as above but without voice prompts.
- Conference login - Allows you to log into a conference room.
- Do not disturb toggle - Allows you to switch on/off do-not-disturb mode.
- Group pickup - Triggers the group pickup event associated with Pickup Groups
- Number menu - Manages the routing of your public telephone numbers.
- Remote access menu - Allows you to dial into the remote access tool and make outgoing calls from within the tool.
- Telephone login - Allows you to login/logout when using the "Logged in on top of" feature.
- Unavailable tone - The equivalent of a fast-busy signal.
- Voicemail direct access - Logs you into a voicemail box automatically using the local extension as the voicemail box to login to.
- Voicemail login - Standard voicemail login, prompting for the mailbox and password.
*Note: There are some built-in feature codes available by default. For more information, please consult the following related knowledge base article: Default feature codes.
To add new feature codes, please follow these instructions:
1. Log into your Press8 Telecom Control Panel.
2. Navigate to Devices and Tools>>Feature Codes.
3. Select the New option to create a new feature code.
4. Fill in the appropriate details as explained below.
- *Feature code - Enter the name of the extension to be dialed in accessing your new feature code.
- Description - An optional description for your feature code.
- Force caller name - If set, and the feature code rings local telephone extensions, the caller name being displayed will reflect the text used here.
- Force hangup after (minutes) - Sets a hard limit on the length of time for the call duration to this feature code.
- Password - If this feature code should require a password/PIN in order to access it, enter it here.
- The Temporary routing area allows you to temporarily route calls to this feature code to an alternate number specified.
5. Select the Save option. You're finished!