Order a Professionally Recorded Greeting
- For professional recordings, visit our Audio Production Store which provides a simple interface for you to purchase professionally recorded voice prompts and custom music on hold. In the Audio Production Store you can do such things as:
- Sample multiple voice recording agents so that you can choose the artist that best meets your needs.
- Choose from multiple languages
- Browse the music on hold library, and have your custom voice messages integrated into the music.
- Have your voice recording sent to you via e-mail.
- Get an instant price quote based on the type of recording, number of prompts, and number of words to record
- Have a message on hold recorded with music in the background
- Another great place to get cheap professional recordings is Fiverr. Just ask them to give it to you in .wav format. Prices start at $5.
- If you want a quick turn around, Press8 can record it for you without any background music for $30 each (call for bulk pricing discounts). Just email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or, you can create one yourself.
Press8 provides customers with the ability to record their own audio sound files:
Watch how to create a sound file visit the Press 8 Tutorial on YouTube.
- When your VoIP phone is setup, you can easily make recordings at anytime by dialing: *22. The menu will step you through how to make your recording.You can make as many recordings as you want and listen to them, rename, or delete the one's you do not want by going to your control panel at: https://manage.press8.com and clicking on =>Features =>Sound Files. Sound file names are the date/time of the recording. You can edit the file name to help you keep them organized.
- You can make recordings using your cell phone, or any other phone, via the Press8 control panel: First, go to:https://manage.press8.com. Login and then go to Features=>Sound Files=>Call to Record. Use the phone number you want the system to call. i.e. 5127779898 (no dashes) and follow the prompts. You can record as many voice prompts as you want and delete the ones you do not want to use as well as rename the ones you do want to keep in: Features=>Sound Files. Sound file names are the date/time of the recording. You can edit the file name to help you keep them organized.
- You can also make recordings using your PC or MAC sound software: (We recommend Audacity for Windows and MAC Users). Just save your recordings as .wav files and upload them at: https://manage.press8.com and clicking on =>Features =>Sound Files=>New. Your .wav files should have a sample rate of 8000hz and a sample format of 16 bit PCM.
5. We can do recordings for you for $30 each. Just email: email@example.com.
How to Upload Your Completed Sound Files
to Your Press8 Phone System
Once your recording or .wav file is in your control panel, you can use it anywhere in your phone system by just choosing it in a drop down menu when setting up things such as your main greeting, voicemail greeting, etc.
If you want us to add your sound file, just email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We can put the sound files wherever you want them on the system once they have been recorded.
If you have any difficulties making or ordering recordings, please contact our Support Department at: 800-349-VOIP(8647) who will be glad to help you.