The bulk dialer allows you to make calls out to a large set of numbers, and any that are successful are forwarded to whatever destination you choose. The numbers to call are grouped into "campaigns", which are sets of numbers with the same settings.
To create a campaign
- Log in to the Press8 web interface.
- Go to Features » Bulk dialer.
- Click the "New" button.
- Enter the following:
- A name for the campaign.
- Optionally a description.
- Optionally an owner.
- Whether the campaign is enabled. If not, no calls will be made.
- The callerid to send on outbound calls.
- The maximum calls to allow at any time.
- The number of times to attempt each number before it is either successful or the dialer gives up.
- How often to retry each destination.
- When to consider the call successful. If unsuccessful, it will be retried.
- Optionally, a record group to record the call.
- Where to send the call if successful.
- Click the "Save" button.
- At this point dialing will start.
- Click the "Add destinations" link.
- Either upload a text file with one number per line, or enter numbers one per line.
- Click the "Add" button.
You may optionally also upload a sound file to ask the called party to accept the call.