IVR menus present a menu to callers and invite them to press a key. It then forwards them to the destination you set for the key. Destinations can be other IVR menus, allowing multiple levels of menu.
To add a new IVR menu
- Log in to the Press8 Telecom Control Panel.
- Go to Features » IVR menus.
- Click the "New" button.
- Enter the following:
- A name for the menu.
- Optionally a description.
- How long to wait for the caller to press a key.
- Whether callers may enter a feature code or telephone line. Note that if this is set to yes, the system will wait until the time out even if the caller chooses a menu option. This allows them time to enter a feature code or telephone line that begins with a digit that could be a menu option.
- A PIN to allow you to change the message played to callers.
- Click the "Save" button.
- Set a number or feature code to call the IVR menu.
- Return to the list IVR menus page.
- Click on the IVR menu you have just created.
- Optionally, upload a .wav file that is played to the caller. Alternatively, call the IVR menu and press the IVR setup key (# by default). You will be asked to enter the PIN above.
10. Click on any key you wish to change the destination for.
11. Choose the destination for this key.
12. Click the "Save" button.
13. Repeat for other keys as desired.