You can add a recorded greeting to any of your telephone numbers
- First, you will need to record your greeting or have us record it for you (for just $30 a recording).
- If you want us to record one for you, just email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or, choose a voice talent and order it at our Audio Production Store.
- Follow our KB article How to Record an Audio file.
- If you record it yourself, save it in: ".wav, 16 bit PCM, Mono" format.
Have Press8 Add/Update Your Recorded Greeting
If you want us to update your telephone number with your new greeting, we would be happy to! You can just email email@example.com and attach the .wav file with your instructions. There is no charge for us to update a greeting on your Press8 phone system.
Add/Update Your Recorded Greeting Yourself
First, save your file to the system (** You must be an Admin to do this)
1. Login to: https://manage.press8.com
2. Go to: Features
3. => Sounds
4. Then click on 'New' to add a new sound file
5. Fill in the 'Name' & 'Description' fields for your reference, and then upload the file and then save the file. (1. Decide on a file name 2. Add a description if you want one 3. Choose the .wav file from your computer. 4. Save)
6. Next, you need to attach the recording to the number. Go to: Features=> Numbers.
7. Click on the phone number you want to attach it to.
8. Scroll down the 'Number' page to where it says 'Route Calls To' on the left-hand side. Then click on the arrow next to the drop-down below Default Destination to take you to the hunt group settings. (Greeting recordings are set up in the Hunt Groups page, not the Number page.) (If you need to set up a Hunt Group, visit our KB article: "How to Setup a Hunt Group".)
9. Inside the 'Hunt Group' you clicked on, scroll down to where it says 'Message File' on the left-hand side. (If you need to set up a Hunt Group, visit our KB article: "How to Setup a Hunt Group".)
10. Click on 'Sound File To Use' and choose from the drop-down (you should see the file you saved into 'Sounds' in step 5 above.
11. Then click on 'Use or Upload'.
12. You can now click on the 'Play' button to listen to your new greeting.
13. Always test the new setup by calling the phone number to see if it is set up right.
If you have any questions just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.