Bria - VoIP Softphone (also called Bria Solo) is a business-class mobile application provided by CounterPath. It is not a free program; when installing it, you will need a license key from CounterPath. The cost is $31.92/yr, and it can be installed on your smartphone and/or computer. Edit your configurations on the Counterpath website.
Important Note: There are two Bria products with different setup instructions.
|Bria - VoIP Softphone Vs. Bria Mobile|
|Application||Platform||Uses Company Caller ID||Cost||Manage Voice Mail||Setup Instructions||Where to edit account configuration|
|Bria - VoIP Softphone (Install on up to three devices)||Windows, MAC, iOS, Android||yes||$31.92/yr||yes||https://support.press8.com/hc/en-us/articles/204530620-How-do-I-setup-Bria-Solo-Softphone-for-my-computer-or-smartphone-||Login to the Counterpath Website|
|Bria Mobile (Only works on smartphones)||iOS & Android||yes||$1/mo||yes||https://support.press8.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005023134-How-to-setup-Bria-Mobile-for-iPhone-iPad-iOS-and-Android||Within smartphone app|
If you have purchased Bria - VoIP Softphone, use the steps below to connect it to your Press8 service.
For Bria Mobile instructions, go here.
Some notes on headsets:
- You can purchase your headset anywhere you want to. We can also order a headset for you.
- You will see quite a variety of headsets from wired, to wireless Bluetooth, to DECT wireless if you google "headsets". And, they can vary quite a bit in price. It pays to go with a well-known brand like Polycom, Plantronics, Yealink, etc. Also, If you choose a cheaper headset just keep in mind that the audio quality could be sub-par.
- Wireless USB headsets generally work fine but they do not allow you to walk very far from your computer and maintain a connection. DECT wireless does allow you to walk up to 300 feet away from your computer if that is important to you. In addition, you should consider whether you need noise canceling.
- We do suggest you read the online reviews for a headset before purchasing. At this time we recommend the Yealink WH62 Mono Dect wireless headset for overall sound quality and mobility.
Bria - VoIP Softphone Setup:
1. Contact Press8 Support at 512-961-6828 or put in a Help Desk Ticket and ask for your username and password to use when setting up Bria Solo after establishing an account on the Bria Solo website (Counterpath.com).
2. Go to the Counterpath website and sign up for a Bria Solo Account. You will first set up a login for your online Bria administration login, and then download the Bria Solo Windows, Mac, or Smartphone app. The sign-up link is here: https://solo.softphone.com/signup.
3. Click on "Setup a Voice Account"
4. Click on "Configure SIP Settings".
5. Configure a Voice Account: for the Domain use: sip.press8.com. The username and password will be given to you by Press8 support. Under Call Display: put your name or what you want others to see. Leave everything else as it is. Then click "Next Step: Configure Service Settings".
6. For Service Settings leave SIP PROXY as optional, Set Registration Time to: 300, and under Voicemail Number put: *1 and leave everything else the same. Then click "Next Step: Download a Client App".
7. Download your client app. Choose your operating system: Windows or MAC or your smartphone and install the app.
8. You will be asked for the login information that you used in step 2 when you set up your Bria Solo account. Bria will automatically sync with the information on your account. You're done! The phone status should indicate it is ready with the Green handset icon, at which time you can start placing and receiving telephone calls.
What the Bria Solo app looks like on Windows or Mac